It’s been a while since I wrote. Wrote here, or anywhere. I’ve been at my parents’ house in New Hampshire for the last six weeks, visiting and interviewing and generally doing nothing of any use whatsoever. My son and I returned home two nights ago and have been reacclimating ourselves to the house and the warmer weather.
I’ve been reading Uber-lists from Mama Says Om, and I’ve been inspired to do one of my own. I don’t think I can come up with as big a list as some women have, mine is a little shorter but probably more realistic for me. I have a tendency to take on too much and then get frustrated when I don’t accomplish it all. So I’ll start here and maybe some of these listings will grow into others.
1.Eat dinner at the table, not in front of the television.
2. Spend some time outside every day.
3. Eat at least some fruit every day.
4. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
5. Floss more often.
6. Take better care of my skin.
7. Write letters to my grandmother.
8. Create something every day.
9. Smile at strangers.
10. Stretch daily.
11. Listen to music instead of the TV.
12. Leave my husband love notes.
13. Eat less prepared food and more of what I make myself.
14. Practice compassion with all my patients.
15. Daydream less and DO more. (Or at least,put my daydreams into action.)
16. Stop comparing my body to other women’s.
17. Keep my house tidier.